I have been doing so much cooking and baking lately and I haven't posted any of the recipes! In an effort to be less lazy I am posting the recipe for dairy-free chocolate chip cookies.
My poor little Phillip has been the fussiest baby I have ever encountered and it turns out that is because he has a milk protein allergy/sensitivity. We cut out milk and it made a huge difference. Unfortunately, we have had to cut out ALL dairy. Even the milk in bread and cookies makes him sick, so we have taken to making our own bread and goodies at home.
1 C shortening, 1/2 C sugar, 1 C brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 1/4 C flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 C dairy-free chocolate chips. Harmons sells allergy-friendly chocolate chips!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda and add them to the batter. Stir until completely moistened.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Place onto a greased cookie sheet or wax paper in table-spoon sized heaps.
Bake for 11 minutes or until golden around the edges.
These are really good and I am so glad that Philly doesn't have to be left out of the cookie fun.