While browsing my email I came across a Groupon for a company that lets you name a star. A friend of mine got a star for my daughter when she was a baby, and it was such a sweet gift. It came with a little certificate and the coordinates of her star. I really wanted my other children to have a star, but I didn't want to spend the money for something symbolic that doesn't go to charity. You know those aren't really "official" registries, right?
I designed my own star certificates using PicMonkey, and I must say I am very happy with how they turned out.
Awesome, right? I couldn't keep the fun to myself, so I designed a blank template you can fill in using PicMonkey, or print out and fill it in yourself.
Star Certificate instructions:
1. Download the blank certificate HERE, or right click and save the image.
2. Pick your star. I went to Astro Pixels and chose from the list of the brightest stars, so my kids could find them without a telescope.
3. The coordinates of the star will look like this: RA = 06h 45m 08.9s, Dec = -16° 42' 58"
4. Go to PicMonkey.com and chose Edit. Select the blank star certificate.
5. Click the 'Tt' and add text. Use the following fonts and sizes:
Name: Playball font, size 59, centered.
Star coordinates: Cardo font size 31, centered.
Date: Playball font, size 20, centered.
Save your certificate and print. Now grab a blanket and head outside for some star gazing!